An Update from Liz Gardner, Program Director
On the 7th, the Thrive Project will be the beneficiary for Hope & Olive's Soup & Games Night. On the 11th, we'll be taking a field trip to MASS MoCA. And on the 13th, we'll be hosting our second Thrive: Show with readings and music and refreshments.
On the 23rd, we'll be debuting a new series called Step Zero: Building Resilience One Small Step at a Time. Gill farmer, foodie, and activist Danny Botkin will be leading things off with an evening on Four Season Small-Plot Food Production.
And on the 28th, MCTV will be offering an info session at Thrive to talk about opportunities for Thrivers to create their own TV shows to air on MCTV and YouTube.
For all the details, please see the attached February calendar and program sheets. Find us on Facebook for all the latest updates & additions. Thanks, as always, for helping us spread the word.
Hope to see you soon,
Program Director @ Thrive
Some quick good stuff below, but first, a quick appeal, once again.
Thrive is surviving month-to-month. This is not an exaggeration. We could be Thriving, or gone, by June. If you support what we're doing, and want to see us keep being able to do it, PLEASE send us anything from a dollar to a million (or more!), just as soon as you can, by going to: http://www.thethriveproject.org/donate/. Thanks.
First, here's a great article about Thrive by Liz Carter, from this week's Montague Reporter:
NOW, here's what's coming down the Thrive Pike:
- next Sunday at 4pm is our first monthly reading/music show we're calling "Show." For our debut we'll have fiction fromJim Shepard, Karen Shepard, and Sara Majka, and music from John Clarke. Come on down. And if you happen to have any folding chairs to donate to Thrive, please let us know - we expect a nice, full house that afternoon!
- On 2/7, from 5-8, Thrive will be the beneficiary of Hope and Olive's monthly Free Soup and Games night! Please come out, and if you're interested in volunteering that evening, please let us know! It's always a really great night out!
- check out the "Building Resilience" film series ( http://www.thethriveproject.org/ ), culminating with a visit from the filmmaker Chris Martenson on Weds. 1/26
- The video of Jamie's December conversation with comedian Eugene Mirman is now online, as the first post of thenew Thrive Blog:
- take a look at the next couple of weeks at Thrive: